Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

6/9/14 | Miracles is Haiti

Hey Family!
This week has been awesome!  My creole is coming along slowly, but I've learned alot and have been speaking it a bit here and there.  I forgot almost all that I learned in Coconut Creek, but I've picked a lot of it back up.  Creole is a spin off of French, so it sounds a lot like French.  It's a cool language, it doesn't make much sense but it sounds cool. 
 
I don't remember what I called my Haitian investigators last week, so I'll rename them.  They are Shelly and Claricia.  They got baptized yesterday! It was an amazing service!  The other elders also baptized and a set of the sisters in our district baptized as well.  haha, turns out Claricia spoke english this entire time! I didn't find out until the interview when Elder Harper (my DL) was interviewing Shelly and I was trying to talk to Claricia in Creole, then she randomly answered one of my questions in English, so I asked "Have you been able to speak English this whole time?"  She smiled and said "yes".  She supposedly told my comp, but he misunderstood her and thought she said they both only speak Creole. 

 We also had 6 investigators come to Church and 2 of them got baptized and the other 4 all have dates!  It was really stressful and amazing to see them all in Church!  The miracles that occurred this week were subtle. 

Multiple times this week I was prompted by the Spirit to talk with people, I've felt that before on my mission, but not as strong as I did this week.  We were trying to find referrals with a member when we drove past this house with a man sitting in the front yard.  As we drove past, the Spirit hit me and directly told me that we needed to go talk with him and pray with him.  At first I shrugged it off, but as we stepped out of the car, it hit me again so I told Elder Slade and the member that we needed to go pray with that man, they agreed so we hastily walked back before he went inside.  We introduced ourselves as representatives of Jesus Christ and offered to say a prayer with him, he was very touched by the prayer and wanted to be baptized!  He was really solid and will be coming to Church this Sunday

The other miracle was with our investigator Dylan who is 15.  He was found by the sisters at the Church trying to get in so he could see what our Church was like.  Turns out he has been watching BYUTV and ordered a BOM from mormon.org and started reading it and he watched the Restoration and Finding Faith in Christ DVD's and he watches sunday devotionals every week.  Also he said that President Monson was a boss and that he loves him.  Super elect! We met with him on Saturday and taught the Restoration, but he already knew it inside and out so he taught it back to us! It was amazing!  He came to Church yesterday and made friends with all of the youth, it was pretty impressive.  He is set to be baptized on Sunday!  The Spirit really is working with the people here in South Florida and has brought many miracles to this land.
funny yet somewhat scary story: Last night we get home and start planning and about 15 minutes later the other elders come running into our room looking a little frightened and they asked "do you guys have anything that is missing?" We looked around and checked and noticed nothing was missing so we asked why they asked that.  They then explained that they came home and noticed a breeze in their bedroom so they checked the window and the window was wide open the the screen was busted, so thats when they came running into our room.  they then thought we were playing a joke on them, but we convinced them that we didn't open their window and we thought they were playing a joke on us, but they convinced us otherwise.  so we searched the apartment and didn't find anyone hiding in our apartment so all is well.  They had unlocked their window the other day and forgot to lock it, so they were asking for it, luckily nothing was stolen.

Well, that was my week, it was awesome!
I love you guys!
Elder Spencer Bailey

planner cover for this transfer

baptism with shelly and claricia and rico, member who baptized them

0 comments:

Post a Comment