Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

3/31/14 | "Like the Ceiling Can't Hold Us"

Familia!
This week has been crazy.  I was only in my area for about a day.  I had a double exchange so I was gone for 2 days straight and then we had a service project and district training, and Saturday a rain storm came in and my comp didn't want to get wet, so we stayed inside, oh well.  Other than that the week was great!  I had a 3 hour comp inventory with my District Leader and now we are friends, weird how that works.

Every Tuesday we go to the church to play basketball and bring some investigators with us.  Last week we got 4 to come with us, the only problem is that they are more interested in playing ball than coming to church, so we will continue to work on that.  Lebron even came, we lost contact with him for a few weeks but we found him again!  

Funny story of the week.  also on Tuesday we helped a lady in the ward move tons of boxes and furniture to her attic.  Elder Melander is the shortest one out of our group so he was up in the attic sorting stuff that we gave him.  All of the sudden we hear a crack and "crap! I slipped!" and we look up and see Elder Melanders leg sticking out of the ceiling, it was hilarious! Luckily the rest of him didn't go through the ceiling.  

Miracle of the week.  We were harvesting Saturday and felt prompted to talk to this guy on his curb.  We asked if we could pray with him and he accepted as did his wife who was sitting in the driveway.  After the prayer we invited them to be baptized and they denied so we invited them to come to church and they said they would rather skip their church and come check ours out.  Sweet!  But on Sunday they didn't show up.  So we went over last night to see what happened and they said they felt like their church was right.  I asked if they had prayed and they hadn't.  and they weren't interested in us coming back.  So we were going to leave, but then the Spirit prompted me to open my mouth and start talking, so I did.  I don't even remember what I said but I testified that this is the only true church and then the Spirited prompted me to bring out a Book of Mormon so I  brought out a Book of Mormon and explained it and read Moroni 10:3-5  and committed him to read, pray and listen to the Spirit and when he receives his answer to call us up and schedule a time for us to come back.  He accepted and my comp bore a powerful testimony as well. The spirit was super strong and it's always amazing to feel the Spirit work through you.  So we will wait for him to call us back, if not we are going back over tomorrow to follow-up.  

That's about all that happened this week!  I was studying PMG more and one of the references is Helaman 10:3-5 which is an amazing scripture passage.  
I love you guys and have a great week!
Love,
Elder Spencer Bailey

0 comments:

Post a Comment