Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

3/10/14 | Singer Island

New transfer, New comp.  you would never believe where my new comp is from.  I give you a few moments to guess and I'll keep typing.  This week was great! I got to remember my favorite sister missionary and my dad.  Happy Birthday Alyssa and Dad!!! I hope you are having a great day today dad, thanks for being the best dad in the world!  And I hope you had a magnificent bday yesterday Sister Bailey, hopefully your mission is kind enough to forward my package to you (get excited). 

Alright, my new comp is from Highland Utah, and guess what else, we both just graduated from Lone peak.  Coincidence? I think not!  But alas we didn't know each other before the mission, but we knew a lot of the same people so it's been fun to be with him.  Oh yeah his name is Elder Rodgers and he played football, so he is a big guy.  he has been out 2 transfers longer than me and it's his first time senior comping.  I realized that I've done  a lot of firsts with my comps.  With Elder Wood it was his first time training. with Elder Woodard it was his first time being senior comp and with Elder Whitney it was his first time District leading and 2nd time senior comping and now with Elder Rodgers.  

Also I have very good news that made my day yesterday (besides it being Alyssa's bday)  I had to call Elder Woodard and I found out that my recent convert Nate spoke on Sunday and was put in the Elder's Quorum presidency!  It was awesome! and 3 people I had been working with for months just got baptized!  It was very good news to hear.

Alright here is a transfer day miracle that happened.  It was wednesday after transfers and we were out harvesting.  We noticed these huge thunderstorm clouds coming in our direction but we were determined to finish harvesting and then ride our bikes for shelter.  As we kept harvesting we noticed the clouds started going around the neighborhood we were harvesting allowing us to finish our harvest.  Towards the close of our harvesting hour we knocked on the door of her house and started talking to her daughter and then she came out and acted very excited to see us.  We talked and did some H2BT bullet points and said a prayer with her and she wanted really badly to learn more.  We set up a time to meet with her and left.  Later we tried to see her but her husband rudely sent us away.  She promptly called us and apologized for her husband and said she would still love to meet with us to learn more.  She is awesome, even though her husband has been giving her grief for wanted to learn more she still wants to visit with us.  Transfer day Miracle!

On Saturday we had planned to help a member move, but then they cancelled on us so we had 2 hours to fill.  I remembered a media referral we had received last week and hadn't had a chance to see them yet, mainly because we were on bikes and they live out on Singer Island.  But we had the time and felt like we should go so we started our trek to get there.  After crossing one of the biggest bridges I have ever seen and getting pooped on by a bird, we made it to Singer Island.  the referral was home and he was one of the coolest people I've met.  We talked on the beach under a gazebo and taught him about the Book of Mormon and did some How to begin Teaching.  He said "Wow, well, we have a shower right back there or an ocean right over there, can I be baptized now?"  Excellent question!  We explained that he had to come to church twice and then he could be baptized.  He is super elect and solid!  Miracles, I love them!

Well, it has been a great week! After a 5 week drought and hard work and determination, we are starting to see the fruits of our labor.  I have grown a lot in the last 5 weeks, more than I had in the previous 6 months, and I learned a lot from Elder Whitney and from the Lord during those 5 weeks that have changed who I am, and am thankful that we didn't find anyone to teach and baptized last transfer or else I wouldn't have grown so much.  I found first hand that we grow the most when we go through trials and difficult times.  I'm reminded of D&C 122.  Of course I didn't experience anything remotely close to what Joseph went through but the message in verses 7-9 still applies to anyone.   So it's been a great experience.  

Well I love you guys, and I hope you have a great week!  and Go Lone peak! (4 times state champ bball)  
Have a happy Birthday Dad!
Love,
Elder Spencer Bailey


0 comments:

Post a Comment