Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

3/24/14 | Chiropractor Miracles

Hey Family!
This week has been great!  It's been a rough week but we at least got a lot of work done.  We spent most of our week biking all over town to find Part member families.  Thankfully the drivers in Jupiter are much better than the ones in Coconut Creek.  

Last Wednesday I had a Chiropractor Appointment (I found out I got scoliosis over the last 6 months) and there are 2 lady assistants around the age of 19-20 that work there, so I see them every other day.  They have started talking to me more and more each time I go and it got to the point where I could start slipping in gospel messages to each visit.  On Wednesday they Chiropractor and the assistants were very curious on what I do exactly, so I told them and also slipped in that I don't date for 2 years (you should have seen the devastated looks on the assistants faces;) and they wanted to know more about "John Smith" and the "Gold Plates" and then I just started teaching them the Restoration and introduced the Book of Mormon and invited them to the Temple Open House. They all accepted!  It was amazing!  The Lord provides opportunities to teach wherever you go, you just have to look for them.

Also another bird pooped on me, that's twice in my entire life and it happened within a 2 week period.

One night after knocking on a door of a part member family we saw a lady coming down the stairs of the apartment complex, so we started talking with her and asked if we could pray with her.  She accepted and after the prayer we invited her to be baptized, she wasn't for it, but we somehow started talking about Sister Wives (she thought they were Mormon and that we were polygamists) and that built a friendship connection, so we invited her to the Temple open house and she accepted and also she is a huge fan of Family History, well, what do ya know, the Church has the largest or second largest family history site.  So we got her on board for that.  She is amazing! We met with her a couple of nights ago and introduced the Book of Mormon and she loved it!  She will realize this is the truth in due time!

I started highlighting in the Book of Mormon every time a word refers to God and Jesus Christ, so every time it says Lord, God, Jesus, Savior, Redeemer, He, His, Thou, Thine, etc.  I realized how much they are mentioned in the Book of Mormon, I didn't realize it before, it's amazing how true this book is and Joseph's promise is true, "that a man can get nearer to God by abiding by the precepts in this Book than by any other Book in the world today."  I also realized I neglected Preach My Gospel.  My teaching was very poor and I was wondering why, then I was impressed to study PMG seriously and do the activities and take notes.  As I've diligently studied from it daily, I have learned so much more and my teaching has been improving.  Austin and Randon start reading from PMG, you'll thank me in a few years:)  
I love you guys!
Love
Elder Spencer Bailey

Gator

Serious fishing


lizard with 2 tails
View from bridge we biked over, it was ridiculously huge

escalator for shopping carts?
legit car

my "zone"


0 comments:

Post a Comment