Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

2/3/14 | Jupiter

Hola familia! (yes, I finally have a Spanish companion, so I've been refreshing those 4 years of Spanish I took)
I was transferred:( But it was an awesome transfer!  My last transfer ended perfectly.  We had that baptism that I wrote about last week, and an update to that, my recent convert Nate was the one who performed the baptism.  It was one, if not the, happiest moments of my life.  the Spirit was tangible during the ordinance of baptism.  It was amazing to see and I will always cherish that moment.  

I love my new area, it is amazing!  I am in Jupiter South in the Stuart Zone, so I'm up north in my mission.  It looks like I stepped into Jurassic Park, so don't be surprised if I get seriously maimed by a velociraptor.  I have a new found love for Florida that I didn't think I would get especially after biking through "freezing" rain all of Thursday with the Zone leader, but besides that I would contemplate living here in Jupiter if there weren't any better options in Utah, California, Washington or Arizona first.

My new comp is excellent, he epitomizes the 4th missionary (Mike, can I use epitomizes in that sentence like that?)  And he is a giant among men... in spirit, he's 5'6!  I love it! He has been awesome to work with this past week and I have grown and learned the most in just these 5 days!  He has a legit tenor voice and not to brag, but my bass is alright, so we sang before weekly planning which got us pumped up to plan! And just a bonus, he is the district leader, so he is always on top of things (not literally though). He's from Logan, Utah.

  I am out of the ghetto now, which is good because I was letting the ghetto influence me too much, but my ghetto self is back in Coconut Creek, and now I'm a missionary, not a ghetto missionary which is good.  

This past week was a blur.  We had transfers, then we went on an exchange with the Zone Leaders, then I was back in my area for 2 days, so not anything big happened.  I'm so lost though, it's like day 1 all over again, except i'm not green anymore.  I have no idea which way is North or South, I'm so lost and confused, but that'll wear off in a week or two, hopefully:) 

President Anderson always shows that miracles happen on transfer week.  some big, some small.  This week we had a miracle.  On Wednesday as we were traveling back to Jupiter from Plantation in a tiny truck, we received 3 media referrals by text, then on Thursday we received 3 more we got 6 in 2 days!! that doesn't happen, well it does on miracle week but that's besides the point, the point is it was a miracle and now we have a teaching pool, a tiny one, but at least we have people to teach:) 

This past week I studied Alma the Younger's conversion story in Mosiah 27 and Alma 36.  I felt a lot like Alma because I introspected and saw how much of the ghetto life I allowed to come into me.  And I got an awesome letter from Alyssa which gave me the kick start I needed to get the ghetto out of me.  So I prayed a lot and saw the miraculous change that happened with Alma and I found that, that can happen to anyone if we let God shape us and mold us into the person he wants us to be.  I have tried to allow myself to put myself into the hands of the master potter and let Him shape and mold me into who he wants me to be. I would exhort anyone who reads this to introspect and see what you could do to improve, and bring those before the Lord and allow him to change you and fix the problems that you have.

And Randon good job on your grades, straight A's (minus that one B;)  Austin, what about your grades?  And Alyssa I got you package finally, the mission decided to hold on to it for a couple of weeks, but I got it:)  I especially love the buffalo tie:)  

Well, I love you guys!  Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Spencer Bailey




0 comments:

Post a Comment