Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

2/24/14 | Bring on the Thunder

Hey family! This week has been one of my best weeks, even though our numbers weren't too good we had a lot of fun, and we are still trying to innovate ways to do the work, we haven't had a lot of opportunity since we haven't had anyone to teach, but this week that will change!

Elder Whitney and I have been getting along super well so there has been a lot of unity between us which has made the work so much more enjoyable.  I have learned so much in the past week.  After studying my notes from Zone conference and then applying what I learned in Zone training, everything went a lot better.  One thing I found that I was struggling with was having charity.  Elder Whitney has helped me a lot and I have applied the things that Elder Whitney has told me to do to be more loving especially during Harvesting.  As I applied these things I found a love for Southern Florida, specifically for Jupiter, that I didn't have before, so it has been amazing!

This last week we worked hard and did our best to apply what we've learned, but our area is still struggling to get up and running.  I was feeling pretty discouraged because of the numbers we had, but Elder Whitney taught me something, he said that as long as we are improving each day and doing our best, then we are successful.  That really helped me.  Earlier I made a promise to talk with EVERYONE, so far I have been doing my best to keep that promise. 

 Late one night on our way out of the neighborhood we saw a guy jogging, and we stopped him to talk with him.  As we were talking the guy opened up and told us his life story of how drugs and bad friends have been a part of his whole life and how he is now going through rehab and getting rid of these bad things.  He was talking about how he doubted in Jesus Christ because of his bad luck and he didn't think that all of his sins could be washed away and he wasn't too interested.  We testified that through Jesus Christ all of his sins and mistakes could be washed away and that Jesus loves him more than he could fathom.  We said a prayer with him and invited him to be baptized, he said he wasn't too interested but he would take a card. After that he left.  2 days later we get a text from the other Elder's in our ward saying they just helped a man on the side of the road fix his car, turns out it was the man we talked to on the street and that he had checked out the website and was interested in us coming by.  We are still trying to get in contact with him, but he is busy, but we will see him, this week!

I was reading in Alma about Captain Moroni and how he displayed charity.  He had the gift of charity.  He loved his country and his people and his religion so much that he was willing to lay down his own life for them.  He mourned when his fellow brethren were wicked and wanted to do his best to lead his people to Christ.  I have been trying to apply that into my life this week and it's been going well.  I am starting to really love the work and the people of Southern Florida! This week will be the week! 

I love you guys and hope you all have a great week! I just read Alyssa's email, wow isn't she the best missionary ever?  Keep on keepin' sis!  
Love,
Elder Spencer Bailey

0 comments:

Post a Comment