Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

2/10/14 | Gone Fishin'

Hey Family!  This week has been so slow work wise.  We have been working very hard though, so we feel successful.  This week though will be a miracle week.  We have just a few hours each day to work since we have a crazy week this week. I just realized I'm getting pretty bored of writing this so I'll get on to a story now.

Last night we were walking down the street and we see this kid walking casually towards us, then he see's us and tries to escape our destined confrontation by slipping into a person's backyard.  We holler after him (in a nice way) and he decides to talk with us.  We get to know him a bit and it turns out his dad died last August and he just got back from a week-long camp to help him overcome his grief.  Last week he grew a lot closer to God and we saw that he has been prepared by God.  We have been praying a lot to find the people that God is preparing for us to run into.  We said a prayer with him and invited him to be baptized and he hastily agreed!  We promptly bore testimony of baptism and the plan of salvation and promised him blessings and set up a return appt to meet with his mom and sister tonight!  It was pretty awesome!

Now another pretty cool story.  We brought out a member and his son last night to meet with our 1 and only investigator (Jason) (as for now, it'll be a lot higher next week).  We taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ and about the Stripling Warriors and about their obedience and the protection they received from it.  We applied that to his life and he really enjoyed it.  then the member bore taught about repentance (he's a seminary teacher so Elder Whitney and I were blown away by his teaching power) and Jason really felt the Spirit.  We invited him to be baptized on the 23rd (now this is about the 5-6th time we have invited him) and he accepted full-heartedly this time!  Before he was very hesitant and wasn't solid.  My testimony grew in the power of members. 

Here's a quick update to answer some questions dad had.  Elder Whitney live in our own apt in Palm Beach and Elder Mendenhall and Elder Melander (who was in my MTC district so we are pretty good friends) live in a little house in Jupiter.  Our ward is so big we have two giant areas within one ward.  

Austin and Dad, you will be so jealous after this story.  This morning a member took us out to go fishing at this inlet by the ocean.  We were fishing with squid as bait on these docks.  Elder Melander caught a huge 20-30 pound fish of some sorts, it had a dorsel fin and everything, but it broke the line right as it got to the surface.  Then I got something on my line and I start reeling it up.  You'll never guess what was on the other end. . . it was a sting ray!!! what?!?  It was crazy!  I never thought I would ever catch one, in fact it never crossed my mind for some reason;)  then we caught some other little sea creatures it was awesome!  I'll send some pics in a second.  

well that's about all that has happened this week.  Oh yeah, Elder Whitney and I and 2 other sisters are singing in Zone Conference which Elder Kopishke is coming to! I'm so nervous, so pray that I won't pass out!  and happy birthday to Randonon Saturday, get excited for the bday card I'm sending you, but don't get your hopes too high so that you won't be disappointed;) and Austin I keep meaning to email you back, but time is short, I'll try to email you back today:)
I love you all have a great week!

Love, 
Elder Spencer Bailey


0 comments:

Post a Comment