Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

6/30/14 | "It just continues....my oh my!"

Hey family!!!
This week has been amazing!  We reached almost all of our goals!  We have seen many miracles this week.

On Friday we followed up with a media referral, his name is Matt, turns out he had studied with missionaries before and dated a Mormon, so he's been going to church off and on for many years.  He just moved to Florida for med school a few weeks ago and he said that there was a voice in the back of his mind that kept telling him to contact the Mormon church.  One day he went to Mormon.org and put in his info and requested for us to come over.  We got the text a few days later and followed up with him.  He had a copy of the BOM already and was reading from it occasionally, and he had come to our ward a few times without us knowing! We committed him right then and there to be baptized on the 6th, and he first asked "why that day in particular?" we then explained that he could be baptized on the 29th, but he said he wasn't ready for that and the 6th sounded great!  He came to church yesterday and to our investigators baptism later that evening.  

Speaking of which, Dylan got baptized yesterday!!!!!!!!! It was an amazing and pretty funny baptism.  While performing the baptism, Dylan's mom started to take a picture after I finished the prayer and some lady started freaking out, but I had already started lowering him into the water, so I just continued:) other than that, everything went smoothly.

This week I was studying in the BOM in 2 Nephi. I came across a verse in 2 Nephi 8:7 which reads, "Fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings."  I asked the question, "who cares what man thinks? What are the judgments of man compared to the judgments of God?"  I have feared what man thinks over the period of my mission and have worked on getting rid of that fear and not caring what man thinks, but caring what God thinks.  This week I have really been trying to apply that and it has really helped me gain more confidence and trust in the Lord and the power of the Holy Spirit in unbinding our tongues so that we can speak what God wants us to speak.  

I love missionary work! And I love you guys lots!
Love,
Elder Spencer Bailey


0 comments:

Post a Comment