Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

7/14/14 | From Little Haiti to the High Rollers

Hey Family!
I got transferred to Davie North! It's the complete opposite of Boynton Beach.  First off because there isn't one single Haitian in my area, and there is no ghetto.  But I'm starting to love the area and getting used to talking with rich white people.  My new comp is Elder D'Addabbo, he is from Mesa, Arizona and he just got finished training.  We live in an apartment with 4 Elders and a set of sisters live in an apartment close to us and the AP's live across the pond from us, so we get together every morning and play ultimate frisbee for exercise, it's been really fun here so far!

We had an amazing transfer day miracle.  We were out harvesting in the rain and we saw this lady sitting in her car and her door was open, so we went up and introduced ourselves and chatted with her for a while, then we said left the harvest blessing with her.  After the prayer she was amazed! She said that she knew that Jesus had sent us at that time because she needed us.  She had just read an email from work and was pretty depressed, that's right when we walked up and started talking to her.  She accepted full-heartedly to be baptized and even said that her daughter would like to be baptized too!  It was an amazing transfer day miracle!

Also I'm back on the bike now for the first time in 3 months because of my shoulder, so I've been pretty sore, but I love biking so it's all worth it.  we share a car with the other elders so we switch off every other day.  

I have a little funny story.  We have a pond right behind our house so we have a lot of ducks, so during lunch they always come up to our porch expecting food, so we always feed them leftovers or food that we don't want anymore.  My companion, Elder D'Addabbo decided it was a good idea to catch of the baby ducks, so he did. Next thing we see is this mama duck running towards him and quacking like crazy and she came up and bit him on the leg! It was hilarious!   

This week I was studying a lot on prayer, how prayers are answered and leadership.  I did a why, what and how on each of the subjects.  While studying I came across a scripture in Enos 1:15 which reads, "whatsoever thing ye shall ask in faith, believing that ye shall receive in the name of Christ, ye shall receive it."  All that God requires to answer our prayers is a seed of faith.  We just need to believe and do all that we can and God will answer our prayers and bless us with miracles.  I will apply that this week since our area is struggling.  We will go out in faith and miracles will occur!

That's all I have time for today, I love you guys and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Spencer Bailey

0 comments:

Post a Comment