Pages

Monday, June 15, 2015

6/15/15 | Ft. Meezy

Dear Family!!
I got sent to Ft Myers this past week and will be greenie-breaking a big poly and district leading! President drops the ZL's for their last 1-2 transfers to either DL, train or just finish as a regular missionary.  My comps name is Elder Kamalamalama (easy way to remember: 1 kama 2 lama)  he's a native Hawaiian and is very humble, we get along pretty well.  My district is a bro-district, meaning we only have elders which is ok with me, no more sister problems to worry about:)  There are 6 of us total in the district and President specifically sent me to this one to "liven things up a bit".  I could see why as soon as I got here, all of their faith was shot because ft. myers is a bit more difficult to work than the east coast of the mission.  Did my first district training on creating success and creating faith in our areas.  It went very well and our district did exponentially better than the entire last month.  All it took was faith!  
We named the district the "Dunk City" district which is appropriate because we will be baptizing a lot this month!  
It's been weird recognizing places here.  When we came here for the bball tournament 2 years ago, I never would've thought I'd serve a mission in the same area where we came. There's been a lot of members who watched Lone Peak play at that tournament so I already have a lot of friends in the ward:)    

The biggest transfer week miracle came after District training on Friday. I did a training on creating success, so Elder Kamalamalama and I went out and had faith to create success.  We went to a new area to knock doors and again had the faith that we would find a lot of people. Within the hour we met and taught 3 families the restoration and got them committed for baptism, it was amazing to see the power of faith at work!  

I was studying in Mosiah 7 this morning and asked the question, "why be obedient?" in verse 29 God answers it pretty bluntly, "For behold, the Lord hath said: I will not succor my people in the day of their transgression; but I will hedge up their ways that they prosper not; and their doings shall be as a stumbling block before them."  I'm really going to be focusing on obedience for my district, we won't be able to achieve anything if everyone is not exactly obedient.  

also We baptized this past weekend, huge miracle!! I was praying so hard that we would be able to baptize when I got to Ft. Myers and we did on Saturday!! His name is Alluri, from India and was converted to Christianity some time ago and found the church when he ordered a free Bible, cool story!  
I love you all!
Elder Spencer Bailey

0 comments:

Post a Comment