Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

5/26/15

Dear Family!!

this week has been awesome! saw so many miracles as we exercised faith as a zone!  We did a zone fast yesterday and saw a lot of miracles come from it.  We still have our mission goal of 100 baptisms, we are 62 right now and need 38 to go, we'll be baptizing 4 tomorrow evening, it's going to be awesome!! As a zone all the elder's have been wearing red ties, at the end of the month when we hit 100, we'll all get together on P-day and burn our ties, fits the name Mayfire perfectly!    Elder Helas and I are getting along better, I've been  working really hard at developing more charity and getting rid of pride within myself.  Already just over the weekend my relationship with the zone members and elder helas has increased! I read a talk by Pres. Uchtdorf and he says, "Pride is a switch that turns off priesthood power. Humility is a switch that turns it on." I'll continue to work on becoming more humble and to work hard and become a better missionary!

Yesterday the biggest miracle of my mission occurred.  We had been fasting since Sunday night and finished a District Training in North Miami then went on 3 fire exchanges.  we went to get dinner to break our fast and got a call from Louis our former investigator.  Told us to stop by so we went over right away, re-taught the restoration to refresh his mind, then re-invited him to be baptized this week, he accepted and wanted to be baptized on Wednesday with our other family we are baptizing, such an amazing miracle!!!

Also on Saturday we helped a family move out, they are moving to Philly, and they had nothing packed! so we helped them from 9-3:30, it was lots of fun.  Found out the guys dad and siblings all live in Philly and so I had them ask his sister if she knew alyssa, turns out they knew her super well from her mission, small world!!  

Not much else happened this week. oh yeah, on Friday we were switching back from exchanges in Davie (I got to work in my old area, it was awesome!!) and we got a call from the office and they asked us to go help them move some cars.  We went over and we all jumped into a van and drove to a Toyota dealership and picked up 6 brand new Toyota Corolla's. the perk was that we each got to drive our own with permission from President as long as we stayed within sight.  I can only imagine what people thought when they saw a big van with 6 corolla's following it with guys in white shirts and ties driving them...I love mission life!!

I love you guys!
Elder Spencer Bailey

0 comments:

Post a Comment