Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

11/17/14 | 4 Minutes

Dear Family!!

First off I am so excited to be in Boca Raton! It's been an awesome week!  I'm with Elder Mota now, he's halfway through training, so I'll be finishing his training and he's Brazilian but lived in London for half his life! We've been getting along really well and have been getting a lot of work done.  We live in a house now, the first one I've ever lived in on my mission, it's been really weird having so much open space, we even have a backyard with an avocado tree!  Also I'm serving as DL now, and that's been a really good growing experience, I realized I need to rely a lot more on the Lord and on the Spirit.  Elder Ruiz and Rice are the other elders in the District, yeah it's just the four of us.  The Member work is pretty good here, there is a lady in the ward who makes sure we get fed almost everyday by members!!  Hopefully I'll be able to put on weight in this area:)  It was a crazy week! Tuesday we had District training, Wednesday-exchange with the ZL's, Thursdayweekly planning, Friday-full day to work, Saturday-exchange with the other elders, Sunday-Church then the other elders baptism.  But we still saw a lot of miracles as we went out and worked hard.

The first miracle was on Friday.  At district training I left the commitment to OYM at least 20 times each day.  Elder Mota and I made sure we talked to EVERYONE we saw.  As we did that we met a lot of awesome people.  While biking on Friday we were on our way to drop in and see a member when we saw this lady getting out of her car with a baby, so we stopped and asked if we could help out with anything, like bringing in the groceries, but she didn't need any help so we asked if we could share a prayer with her.  She, Tatyana, accepted and we left the Harvest Blessing and she felt the Spirit super strongly, so we testified that Christ truly had sent us to cross paths with her and she knew that was true because she was saying how she had stopped attending church 2 weeks ago and has lost direction in her life.  She's 19 with a 1 year old son so she's had a lot of pressure to show the world that she can make it through and be successful.  We testified how the gospel of Jesus Christ can help her do that and that this truly is His church, we then taught a 5 minute restoration lesson and invited her to be baptized.  She accepted and said this is exactly what she needed at exactly the right time!  It was amazing to see how God works, if we hadn't been working on OYM'ing we would have biked right past her!  It strengthened our testimony that God has commanded us to open our mouths for a reason and that He will bless us when we do.  

This week I was studying for District training and felt prompted from the Spirit to study urgency.  It seems like there was a lack of urgency last transfer in this district, so I want to change that.  I was really struggling to make a training on urgency so I prayed and instantly the talk, "Your 4 minutes" came to mind so I studied that talk and received so much insight and revelation on how to help this district have more urgency to help our investigators progress and to be baptized.  I was looking in the Book of Mormon at the examples of Ammon and Alma and how they were so quick and urgent to preach the gospel at all times; Ammon when he was amongst the Lamanites jumped on the perfect opportunity to preach the gospel to Lamoni without delay; Alma always preached repentance and exhorted his brethren to not delay the day of their repentance.  It's been a really good study this week!

I'm out of time, but I love you guys lots and hope you have a fantastic week!
Love,
Elder Spencer Bailey

Oh yeah, happy Birthday Jenna this weekend! Ill be sending you a card this week,
And Happy bday Austin, last weekend, I'll be sending you a card today as well

My new comp and I


The front of our house

0 comments:

Post a Comment