Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

11/10/14 | Just another day in paradise

Dear Family!

Wow, this week was crazy!  Elder Garrett got sent home Wednesday morning because of his depression, so I got stuck with the other elders I live with so we were in charge of 2 areas for a few days.  Also we have transfers tomorrow and I'll be transferring:(  Super sad about that, the member work here has skyrocketed since I came here 4 months ago. The members came to trust and love the missionaries, like yesterday a couple came up to us and told us they were pregnant and that we were the first to know because Elder D'Addabbo and I had gone over there about 3 months ago and they wanted us to pray that they could become pregnant, so they wanted to thank us for doing that.  I was super happy for them, theyre an awesome couple (they remind me alot of Jenna and Mike).  

As well yesterday after sacrament, Bro. Poetz came up to us and asked if we could teach the Restoration during High Priests and talk about missionary member work.  The other elders had to be at sacrament, so I went on a split with my friend Elder Houskeeper (he's a senior couple in our ward) and we taught the Restoration to the High Priests and they loved it so much they told the Seminary teacher and asked us to go to early morning seminary and teach it today.  So we woke up at 5:15 and went and taught the restoration to them.  It was awesome!  I respect kids that go to early morning seminary now, just like alyssa was saying a couple weeks ago.  

One miracle that we saw this past week was being able to cover both areas as a trio.  As we worked diligently each day to work effectively things just worked out.  We were able to see a lot of people and teach a lot of people in both areas.  We really applied Zone training and we had some of the most spiritual lessons I've ever had on my mission.  We saw hearts change and things start to click in investigators minds as we applied being bold and loving and teaching by the Spirit.  It was amazing to see the Lord's hand in the work!

This week I was studying in Helaman and noticed a scripture I hadn't noticed before.  In Helaman 14:12 Samuel says that God gives signs unto the children of men so that they "might believe on His name."  It all kind of clicked as I read that. I always thought it was weird that we had so many signs, like the signs of His second coming and wondered why all the Prophets had given us signs to look for.  As I read that it all made sense.  God gives signs so that we can believe.  If the Nephites didn't have the signs of the Saviors birth, they wouldn't have been able to exercise faith in Christ.  If we didn't have signs of His second coming, we wouldn't know what to look for and how to prepare.  That's why God has given us signs.  I don't know how much of this made sense, it was just a cool thing I found while studying.

But I have to go now, really short on time.  I love you guys lots and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Spencer Bailey

0 comments:

Post a Comment