Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

10/14/14 | Delightfully Exhausted

Dear Family!
First off, Happy Birthday to the best mom in the world!!!!! I hope you have a fantastic day!

What a turn around week this has been!  I've never felt so much faith and encouragement as we went out and worked this week.  God truly does answer prayers.  We were greatly blessed with success this past week, the most success I've ever seen here in Davie!  It was amazing!  We had so many miracles as we were exactly obedient and worked really, really hard!  We hit standards in every KI except I@s, Dates and Progressing investigators.  soooo close!! But this week we will reach standards!

The best miracle we saw this week was when we met Stacy.  Actually we first met Stacy's sister, Teresa, who was a long-time LA and isn't interested, but she told us to go try her sister Stacy who lived across the street. We went over and met with Stacy and offered to say a prayer with her, she loved it!  She has a son in prison and another son who is always in trouble with the law and she said we were truly sent from God to help her at this time.  We testified that God had sent us and we shared the message of the Plan of Salvation because that's what the Spirit told us to do.  We got to the part of the Spirit world and the Spirit again prompted us to wait and finish the message later.  Stacy was on the edge of her seat, she loved the message, so when I said, "well, Stacy, we would love to come back tomorrow to finish this message and to continue to help you prepare for baptism so that you can be an even greater example to your sons."  Before I could ask for a return visit, she said, "I would love that!!! come back at 6 tomorrow! I want to be baptized and I want my sons to be baptized too!"  The Spirit was sooo strong!!  We left a copy of the BofM and had her read Alma 36 and see the great change that had come upon Alma and a lot of it is contributed to the prayers of his father.  So we told her to keep praying for her son because the power of prayer goes a long ways.  

This week I was studying in Alma and my mind was blown!  I was really having troubles focusing at the beginning of the week but I kept praying that I would be able to focus and learn what God would have me learn.  The last few days have been amazing! The scriptures are awesome!  Today something in particular stuck out to me, it's in Alma 17:11, God tells Ammon and his brethren to be patient in all afflictions and long-suffering and to be a good example to those around them and God would then make them instruments in His hands to bring the Lamanites to the truth.  Also that He pours out His Spirit to prepare the hearts of His children to receive the Gospel.  The Scriptures are AWESOME!!! If you aren't reading them everyday, then get into the habit of reading everyday, they literally blow my mind everyday during studies.  I've lost track of how many times i've read through the BofM, but I've been through it at least 5 times since starting my mission and each time I read it, I find something new in every chapter. I love the scriptures!

Quick funny story:  This actually happened 2 weeks ago, but the member just reminded me last night.  Elder D'Addabbo and I were knocking doors and we had been rained on earlier in the day, then the sun came out and the humidity went up to 110% (don't think that's possible, but it felt like it) so we were soaked while knocking doors.  We knocked on one door and a lady answered and so I said, "Hey, how are you today ma'am?"  and she said, "Ma'am!?!  who are you calling ma'am?!"  I thought, "crap, what'd I say wrong?"  My comp looked like a deer in headlights, he's never seen someone react like that either.  Then she said "I'm sister Kennington, elders!"  ooohhh, that's why she reacted that way.  Then she invited us in and we chatted with her and her husband. On our defense she had been pregnant and wasn't at church the entire time I've been in this area, so I didn't recognize her.  We had FHE at their house last night and she brought it up again just to make fun of us:)  Shes full of a lot of sass.

This week was a really good week though, we worked so hard and are so delightfully exhausted!  It's been great though.

I love you guys lots!
Elder Spencer Bailey


home-made pumpkin cookies as my bedtime snack thanks to mom:)

pic of what happens when we get member meals to go, pic is blurry cause my comp doesnt know how to function a camera

0 comments:

Post a Comment