Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

4/15/14 | !El Templo es muy bien!

What a week! We had 2 more amazing opportunities to go to the Temple open house with members and their non-member friends.  What an experience that was. And Katniss got confirmed on Sunday

On Thursday my good friend Brother Strasdus (who is an older tall guy) took his 2 friends and us to the Temple.  His friends were stunned by the beauty and magnificence of the Temple.  On the way down we rode with one friend and on the way home we rode with the other.  While on the ride home Dan asked all these questions about the Church and our beliefs and he started getting really curious about the Priesthood and what that entails.  when we explained that we can give people blessings he perked up and said "What does it take to get one and how worthy do I have to be?"  we told him and anyone can receive a blessing.  We pulled over to a random park and gave him a blessing there.  It was an amazing experience and the Spirit was there very strongly.  While giving the blessing, the Spirit was telling me so loudly what I needed to say and what Dan needed to hear.  the power of the Priesthood is real!  yesterday bro. Strasdus called us up and said that Dan wants us to go visit with him and teach him.  Sweet!!  Temple miracle!

Yesterday we went with another ward member and their friend(who is legitimately crazy).  While going through the Temple, I recognized one of the Ushers.  He came up to me and gave me a hug and I was like "what the heck, who is this guy hugging me" then he told me he was David Joseph's little brother, David was in my ward over the summer. I had hung out with this guy when he stayed with David for a week.  Small world!

Oh yeah, I'm staying! and so is Elder Rodgers.  and my whole district.  nothing changed except one sister is transferring.  and I found out over the last few weeks that Michael Jordan, Donald Trump, Tiger Woods, Celine Dion and multiple famous golf-players all live in my ward.  How crazy is that!?!

haha, I just remembered the somewhat funny story of the week.  Elder Melander and I were on a 2 day exchange.  After a lesson we went out to our locked up bikes.  Elder Melander chuckled and said "wow elder, you bike lock is destroyed, what did you do to it?"  I looked at it and laughed and said, "that's your lock, I think someone tried to steal our bikes!"  I started laughing because whoever tried to break the lock destroyed his lock, it was barely holding on.  Then Elder Melander started laughing and said to take a closer look at my bike.  that's when I stopped laughing.  My bike got hammered!!  the guys who tried to take the bikes were using a hammer or something and they didn't have very good accuracy.  I have dents and scrapes all over the frame of my bike.  Oh well, it happens:)  #missionarylife

Well I love you guys and thanks for all the pics of Cancun, it looks like you had a blast!
Love,
elder Spencer Bailey

mini golf

smiling at a fish :)

chillin in my ride in the sunnyshine state

0 comments:

Post a Comment