Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

3/17/15 | Goodbye Miami!!

Heyo Family!!
This week has been amazing!!!  We saw our zone light up after zone training.  President Richardson came and loved it!  We trained on Accountability, Obedience, the "home of success" and taking responsibility for our areas.  We named ourselves the Miami Beach Thunder Zone so I made headbands for everyone with our baptismal goal and a lightning bolt on the back.  I'll include a pic.  I used a lot of basketball references to make it more personal and it worked out great!  At the end we had a mini bball hoop and net and had everyone cut a piece of the net to symbolize hard work, obedience and success.  It was super fun and an uplifting training! Also created a thing called the MBZ Cut, used a quote from Austin right under the title, within it is things that we need to do to be exactly obedient and by following them we can create a culture within the zone.  

 We saw our zone apply the things we trained on and in return we have many 4's and 5's set for this saturday and the following! we will be finishing strong in March!  We saw our area explode this past week!  We had 3 investigators in sacrament!  that's the most YSA has had in many months! Our investigator George is set for baptism this weekend and we have 2 more going down on the 28th!  I'm sad I won't be able to see them be baptized, but the Lord wants me somewhere else, so I'll be glad to go wherever He needs me! Oh yeah, I'm transferring tomorrow! Goodbye 
YSA life! 

The biggest miracle we saw was on Wednesday after Zone Training.  We had 0 NI so far and we needed to find 4 elect people to help prepare for baptism.  We went out with faith and full of confidence that we would find those who were prepared to be taught.  We went to a place that we felt inspired to knock and within 1 hour we found 4 elect souls who we taught at their door and got solid return appts.  God blessed us to have 4 NI by Wednesday!!  It was such an amazing miracle! we've been able to meet with them since and discern their electness, so far we have 1 set for baptism on the 28th! 

I was reading in Helaman chapter 5 this past week and learned a lot! that's one of my favorite chapters in the BofM.  I read verses 9-11 and it really hit me of just how important the atonement and repentance is.  Christ can redeem us from our sins only because of repentance.  Without repentance and the Atonement the whole plan would be void. There wouldve been no way that we could be saved.  But that is why Christ's role as our Savior was and is so essential.  without Him repentance and change would not be possible.  I'm so thankful that He went through with His plan and completed what He came here to do.  That is why I love sharing the gospel with everyone! The Gospel allows us to access the ability to change and become more like our Savior.
 
I'll wrap up with a quote by Nike "Success isn't Given, It's Earned.  On the Track, in the Gym or on the Field.  With Blood, Sweat and the Occasional Tear."
Also Welcome home alyssa!! Hopefully youre not really awkward:)  Love you!

Love,
Elder Spencer Bailey


0 comments:

Post a Comment