Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

12/9/13 | Eternal Summer, Lactose-intolerance, and Miracles


I have finally come to the realization that it will always be warm and summer-like in Florida, especially after seeing the license plate that says, "Florida: Land of Eternal Summer"  So if you forget the fact that it's December and Christmas is right around the corner, and think that it is August, than the weather is great! It's a nice 85-90 degrees right now, with a slight ocean breeze, it's pretty nice:)  

Also, I have come to the knowledge of a depressing fact, I am lactose-intolerant, at least I think so, I have been sick the last couple of weeks and I narrowed it down to dairy that might have been making me sick.  So now I get to drink almond milk, yum, it's actually pretty tasty:)  

This past weekend was a miracle weekend! On Friday, Elder wood and I got some bug, so we were feeling really sick.  But we decided to go out and work through it and that if we did the Lord would bless us.  And the Lord did bless us that day, we had 4 excellent lessons, and got 4 New Investigators, and we had 0 previously for the entire week, and our of the 5 Harvest Blessings we left, we got 3 return appointments!  So we were greatly blessed! And the Lord blessed us with the strength to go out and work that day because as soon as we walked in the door of our apartment we had no strength left, we were exhausted, that's when we realized how sick we really were, but we've recovered since so no need to worry about us:)

And on Sunday another miracle occurred.  We were on our way to a lunch appointment and some missionaries called us with a referral for a guy who was in our area. They said to call him up right away because he sounded legit.  So I called him (let's call him Derek) and he answered and was super excited that we had called.  He said he had been watching BYU-TV for a number of years and had watched almost all of the LDS Movies, such as "Emma Smith: My Story", "The Best two Years", "A Good Man" and he's been watching some documentaries on Doctrine and Covenants and he watched a documentary about Brigham Young and said that he was his hero.  My jaw dropped while he was talking, I couldn't believe it!!  Derek also said that he was dying to get his hands on a Book of Mormon so that he could read it, this guy is golden!!!!  Elder wood wasn't sold, he thought it might be a member pulling a prank on us because Derek was too good to be true.  Later that night we went over and he was watching General Conference on BYU-TV! Elder Wood was sold after that.  We taught him the Restoration since he knew a lot of history about the church, but not a whole lot of doctrine.  He was very receptive and can't wait to come to Church on Sunday!  One problem though, he got caught up on baptism when we asked him if he would be baptized.  He had been baptized as a kid, so he was confused on why he needed it again.  We explained the Priesthood again and testified of the importance of baptism and that helped a little, but we will work on him and get him baptized in no time!!!

I learned this week that when the Spirit prompts you to say something, no matter what it my be, just say it.  We were harvesting and found a really cool lady, she had already been baptized and was wondering why she needed to be baptized again, and if her baptism was valid. I was prompted to just open my mouth and start talking and this is what came out, "Well, to be blunt and plain, your baptism really wasn't valid unless done by the proper authority, and this is the only true church and we have that Priesthood authority to baptize you again."  Oh man, I was scared for a second, I thought, "What did I just say?"  then she was silent for a second and then accepted to be baptized again!  The Spirit knows what the person needs to hear, if I would have said that for some of the people we've prayed with I probably would have been punched in the face.  So the Spirit is awesome!
Well that's all the time I have for today! I love you guys and have a great week!
Love,
Elder Spencer Bailey

0 comments:

Post a Comment